The Saturday Night Massacre was the name given to the triple firing of a special prosecutor investigating President Nixon, the AG and the deputy AG on the same night in 1973. After the firing of the FBI Director by President Trump, all eyes are looking back on this historical event. Are they right to do so? We weigh in, providing the story behind October 20th, Nixon’s flawed compromise plan and the differences and similarities to today.
- About the Events of Saturday Night October 20, 1973
- Robert Bork’s Role and a New Twist
- Comparison and Contrast between the Comey Firing and this event
- About FBI Directors and Presidents
- A Totally Different Take on the Comey Story
Like Politics and History – Subscribe to the “My History Can Beat Up Your Politics” Podcast