Homelessness, education, healthcare and other domestic issues under constant evaluation during the time of the Reagan Presidency. We look at the personal Ronald Reagan and the contention of critics that his policies didn’t match the person. We look at first term and second term policy differences on homelessness, and the contention by supporters that homelessness was focused on by media in the 80’s but not during other Presidencies. Finally, we look at Reagan’s response to AIDS.
In this episode, we discuss:
- A Chain of Hands
- Measuring Homelessness in the 80’s
- Mental Illness, Closing Hospitals? Policies
- Reagan and Koop on AIDS Policy
- Jack Regan and The Reagan Household
- Scot Baio, though very briefly
We can only discuss so much on the program of course, but for those who are subscribed to the My History Can Beat Up Your Politics EXTRA Podcast for premium subscribers. , you’ll get more.