More content. For As little as $2/ month.
Have you found yourself dreading the time between episodes and wish you had something to listen to? Now you can. And at the same time, you can help support the program with various premium membership programs. All of them come with special offers.
Friends of MHCBUYP – Get the Premium Podcast and 25 of the Most Popular Episodes
For as low as $2 dollars a month, memberships include the Premium Podcast. The Premium Podcast will continuously feed past episodes of My History Can Beat Up Your Politics to your iTunes, Podcast Addict, or other device that allows you to manually subscribe to a feed.
Grover Cleveland Club – More Episodes, PLUS The Archives!
Help out the Podcast and get more Content. The Premium Podcast will contain special members-only episodes, with commentary from Bruce. The podcast will feature- additional insights on episodes from the podcast, additional thoughts on politics/current events and answers to questions from premium subscribers. All of this is content not heard by listeners of the standard podcast.
PREMIUM EPISODES (all subscriptions) INCLUDED:
- Representation: History and Possible Improvements
- 1980 and 1976 Elections – Cautionary Tales?
- The Black Bands – “Leftovers” from the Soccer and Repression Podcast
- Young Ambassador: The Story of Samantha Smith
- Presidents and Canadian Prime Ministers From “Dief the Chief” John Diefenbaker to P. Trudeau and J.Trudeau
- Marc Ambinder on Being a White House Correspondent and The State of the Profession
- Truman in Texas, Monkeys in Space, Washington’s English Relatives
- Coolidge Becomes President
- Kurt Schmoke: Drug Legalization When it Was ‘Dangerous’
Stories From the 1918 Spanish Flu Episode – Bonus Episode from 2017 Laura Spinney Interview
- Levi Morton, Vice President
- The Sad Stories of Three Fallen Presidential Front-Runners
- A Sense of Humor as a Weapon: Thomas Marshall, Wilson’s VP
- Lyndon Johnson, Box 13 and his 1948 Senate Election, Visited and Revisited
- Extras from “You Break Everybody’s Back” More about 1988
- Ford’s Brief Tenure as Vice President
- A Hessian’s Story: Revolutionary War Sketches
- Interference by Foreign Governments, 1836 and 1920 Elections, Other Topics
- Granting of Certiorari: The Supreme Court Process
- Truman’s Mild Support for JFK
- Top 10 Faithless Electors in History
- Extra Cast – Gunboats, Putting a Man on the Moon, Madison on Spending, More about Railroads and Embargo
- Bruce Talks About 1984 Primaries, Stephen Douglas Other Topics
- Leftovers from the Ark of Commerce III and Bruce’s Ranking of Presidents.
- John Tyler, Current Political Landscape 2020 Campaign
- The Original “Ozark” – Monk’s Tale of Pre Civil War Missouri and Other Observations
- Umbrella Man -Part I: Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain and Munich
- -Garret Hobart, VP
- Revolutionary War Sketches: Tricorne Hats, Tomahawks and Other Revolutionary Items
- Valley Forge and FDR and Reporters -Leftovers From Past Episodes – Nov 2018 Edition
- King’s Rook – Presidents Holding on to the Senate (from 2014)
- The Strange Story of John Morrissey The story of a man in a -Thomas Nast cartoon.
- Bob Woodward Books and Presidents, From Nixon to Trump
- Spiro Agnew’s Fear
- Anti-Indian Removal Petitions of 1830 and Other Listener Questions
- The Red Web: Russian Spying, Internet Controls, Protests and -Counter Protests From Soviets to Putin
- Leftovers from the Legal Pad, Notes on Slow Burn, Notes on Reed -Smoot and 1983 and Nuclear War
- Pujo and Pecora Investigations into the Financial Industry
- More on Emoluments, Tariffs, the 17th Amendment – Questions and Answers
Expect at least 20 episodes a year of extra, members-only content, as part of your subscription! Other membership levels include transcripts of past shows, and a special email for questions and commentary to Bruce.
Gift Subscriptions are Available.